If you think your girlfriend is pregnant, you probably have a lot of questions and concerns. You have not ruined the rest of your life. But you have changed your life and her life forever and your have created an opportunity to demonstrate responsibility and maturity.
If your girlfriend is pregnant, you already are a father. Knowing that, there are some things that you can do to help.
- Let your girlfriend know that you will be there for her.
- Offer to go with her to tell her parents the news.
- Research all of your options so that you and your girlfriend can make an informed decision.
- Work with your girlfriend to determine the best plan for her, for you, and for the baby.
- Visit the Family Life Center (112 S. Front St.) or call (419-300-9756) to get the information you need.
Programs for Guys
24/7 Dad Interactive/When Duct Tape Won’t Work
If you need more parenting classes or information stop into the FLC. 24/7 Dad and When Duct Tape Won’t Workl are fun, interactive self-paced programs that will help you be a great dad around the clock
Doctor Dad is a 2 or 4 week program that teaches you about health, safety and wellness issues that you may face with your children. Call for when the next session is offered.
Earn While You Learn for Dads and Dads-to-Be
Earn While You learn is an independent learning Program for teen and young adult dad and dads-to-be. If you don’t have time to attend a weekly class you can stop in at the FLC during normal business hours of 10 AM – 5PM.
The curriculum covers many topics from pregnancy to safety to discipline. You can also read books and pamphlets to get the information you need. You will earn “Baby Bucks” for each thing you do in order to purchase items from our Baby Boutique.