The Family Life Center of Auglaize County (FLC) is a Christian pro-life ministry that provides counseling, guidance, education and services to all women, men, teens and parents who experience unplanned or crisis pregnancies.
The Family Life Center of Auglaize County is a ministry that meets the needs of persons with pregnancy related concerns. The primary purpose of the FLC is to minister to women and men regarding pregnancy decisions. This includes not only those who parent, abort or place for adoption, but also those who have a negative pregnancy test and are at risk for future crisis pregnancy. Our goal is to show Christ's love to everyone through support and practical assistance. To do this, the FLC offers the following programs and services:
Free pregnancy testing, crisis and options counseling, 24 hour hotline service,
quality educational materials, prenatal classes, Earn While You Learn Program,
Baby Boutique, maternity clothing, referral and assistance to obtain prenatal care,
Limited Ultrasounds, and housing referrals.
The FLC is a Christian ministry affiliated with Heartbeat International, which provides networking, training and resources for the FLC. The FLC is an extension of the body of Christ which allows us to minister to women and families.
FLC is an evangelistic local mission by encouraging volunteers to share their faith in Christ and to seek to minister to the client's deepest needs. Volunteer training provides FLC volunteers with counseling and care skills with which to minister to our clients.
The FLC counseling and support ministries are provided by a professionally trained staff and supervised volunteers.
The FLC is funded by churches, individuals, businesses, civic and fraternal organizations and by several annual fundraising events.
The FLC is actively engaged in community efforts which address pregnancy related issues such as teenage pregnancy and its prevention, STIs, infant mortality, prenatal health care for low income women, housing, nutrition, job training programs, single parent programs, etc.
The values of the FLC are derived from a commitment to the person and example of Jesus Christ. We believe that ultimate hope and life is found in him.
We value all life. Each unborn child, each mother, and all with whom we come in contact, are valuable to us. We believe there is always a life affirming choice, and that there are always better alternatives to abortion. Therefore we never advise, provide or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
We are committed to the truth. We are honest in all of our dealing with those with whom we come in contact. Being honest means we share with our clients who are facing unplanned pregnancies that they have three legal choices, including abortion.
We treat all people with compassion.
We are committed to unconditional love. From the mothers to the babies, to those needing our post-abortion ministries, and to our own staff and volunteers, we are committed to loving them unconditionally.
We invest in people. Moms or dads, volunteers, or those on our staff, we believe in people and invest in them in practical ways.
Finally, we offer hope and vision for a better future. We accomplish this through working with moms and dads, dealing with people needing post- abortion ministry, and to those women experiencing negative pregnancy tests.
Commitment of Care
1. Clients of the center are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
2. Clients of the center are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
3. Clients of the center always receive honest and open answers.
4. Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
5. Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
6. Clients of the center receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
7. This center does not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but is committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
8. All advertising and communications by the center are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services offered by the center.
9. We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients
10. We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
11. We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
12. Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
13. All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
Board of Directors
Kevin Sandler - President of the Board
Kevin comes from Detroit, Michigan where he graduated from the Specs Howard School Of Broadcast Arts, Southfield, Michigan. He is currently the program director at WCSM Radio in Celina, Ohio.
Crystal Dove - Vice President
Crystal has been a registered nurse for over 30 years in and around the St. Marys area. She also has her own painting and wallpapering business. She is our nurse at the St. Marys Center.
Tim Dicke- Secretary
Tim has been on the board since the beginning serving in various positions. He is employed at Charles River Laboratories as a research associate in pathology.
Angie Myers - Treasurer
Angie worked for over 20 years at Propet in St. Marys. Recently retired, Angie is currently the financial secretary at Wayne Street United Methodist Church.
Candice Dicke- Founder and Executive Director
Candy founded the Family Life Center of Auglaize County in 2007. Before that she was a teacher with Elida Local Schools for eighteen years. In addition to being the Executive Director for the Family Life Center she currently teaches GED classes at the center.
Annie Stalnaker - Assistant Director
Anna has been with the Family Life Center first as a volunteer then as a part-time employee. Annie has recently been hired as our Assistant Director. She will be heading up our satellite office in Wapakoneta.